I have been thinking about knitting goals for next year. I have several things I want to try to do, so I am going to make them my knitting New Year's resolutions.
- Knit from the sock yarn stash. I know everyone says sock yarn doesn't count as stash, but when you have as much sock yarn as I do, it's definitely stash. I am going to make the exception, that I can purchase sock yarn at Stitches Midwest, but that is it. The sock yarn around here is about to take over the apartment.
- To go along with item one, I am going to try to knit at least one pair of socks a month. And, I am going to try to make most of them with Christmas gifts for next year in mind.
- I am going to try to complete 5 sweaters in 2009. I think I could actually complete more than that, but I think 5 is a good goal.
- Finish all those things that have been uncompleted for a long time. This includes the Embossed Leaves socks of forever ago, and the Katherine Hepburn Cardigan. I completed one of those socks about a year and a half ago and it never got its mate. The cardigan I started almost a year ago, and got distracted. I am going to say the cardigan can count towards my five sweater goal. I only have about six inches of the back done and that's it.
- Start Christmas knitting no later than June. Because, as always, I am cutting it a little close this year. :)
Anyone else have knitting goals for 2009?