Well, no pictures right now (I may still be at work). I decided that I wanted to get in on some sort of knitting secret exchange thing. So, I stumbled upon one and decided to sign up. I figure what's the worst that could happen. . . .I don't actually get anything in the mail. Well, the anticipation of waiting for packages will be fun, right! :) Anyway, I think it will be fun. Everyone should sign up. Just go here: Secret Pal 10.
Alright, so here is the questionairre that I am posting on my blog for all to read. Kind of creepy being stalked, but whatever. . . .
Here are is the questionnaire for SP10. Please be sure to post it in a spot on your blog where your pal can easily find it. Since your pal will use this to help create your packages you'll want to have it posted to your blog no later than the last day of February.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My favorite yarn to knit with is anything of the wool variety. I am currently knitting a sweater with Artyarns and am enjoying it a lot. There is nothing I won't at least try!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a zipper needle case from Joann Fabrics. The zipper is about ready to bust it's so full!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for almost three years. I am totally self-taught. I would consider myself to be an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I do. It's right here.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Vanilla and lavander.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes. Peanut M&M's are my candy of choice these days.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love to scrapbook, but I don't do it a lot because it cuts into my knitting time. I do not spin but I plan to learn one day!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like everything. I know people say that and then qualify it by saying, but not country or rap. I really like it all. My favorites are Bon Jovi, Snow Patrol, Rascal Flatts, and U2.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I like blue and red, but I will knit with any color....honestly.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live in an apartment with a boy named Alex, who is supportive of my knitting habit, unless he steps on a needle or something. I have no pets. I love cats, but they make me sneeze.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I have never worn a poncho.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks. I am always working on a pair.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks and a sweater.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Straight plastic needles are my favorites.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have a secret knitting project that is like a month or so old.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! Followed with a close second for Fourth of July.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Hmm, yarn? :)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription to Creative Knitting.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
How to knit a toe-up sock! My first attempt was a disaster!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes! I wear a size eleven shoe (yikes). I don't know how big that is because I knit the sock until it "looks big enough."
23. When is your birthday?
That's all for now. Time to go home for the day....working hard, as always! Hopefully I will have a picture of a completed pair of socks in the next day or two!!!